Thursday, January 6, 2011

watch out for bread crates...

Today was designated not only as "interview day" (which I thin went well, and waiting on background check and a phone call), but also as "take down the Christmas decorations day" at my mom's. If you follow me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ltoney) you know I used bread crates in the construction of Christmas scenes. We also use them to build chicken and rabbit cages. We picked up more crates today, and had them stacked seemingly out of the way.

I was removing a string of stars off the chain link fence, came "around" the crates, and caught the hem of my black dress pants on the corner of a crate. It was all downhill from there! I screamed a not-so-toddler-friendly word, catching the attention of my cousin who was visiting and changing the sparkplugs in the truck, and down I went, much to his amusement. I hit my hip, and shoulder against the crates, skinned my lower leg on the crates, and landed on my arm with my wrist in a funny position. I laid there for a minute, crying, trying to not let loose a string of four-letter words, and punched the ground with my free hand. By this time, my mom was running to me, and my cousin asking if I needed help, while the kiddo came running saying "mama are ok?" I finally said "I'll live!" and sat up. It hurt so bad! The cousin stood straight up, and matter-of-factly stated, "I love you, and I'm glad you're ok. I'm also glad to know you well enough to say what I'm about to say. Watching that was funny as he**!" Thanks...glad I could amuse you. Now help me up!

My wrist is swollen, and my son hasn't let me out of his sight. I'm going to take it easy until his appointment tomorrow afternoon and then teaching a piano lesson or two. The moral of this story: when you're taking down the Christmas lights, watch out for bread crates. You never know when they'll sneak up on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment